The irregular Kawaranai Mono writer, miharusshi, makes her comeback! I’ve pretty much made this segment, “Top <insert season and year> Plan-to-watch Picks”, an excusable excuse to write here in cladinblue’s aniblog. Since it’s mid-December, Christmas is just around the corner, and fall anime season is about to end, it’s time to place our bets for the next season. Just to simplify things, next season is Winter 2015 according to Taiga (I don’t really like writing it as Winter ‘14/’15).
Speaking of winter, Winter 2014’s Gin no Saji 2, Noragami and Nisekoi were my top favorite shows. But the OVAs that came out around that time were sweet treats. We got to see Natsume and Nyanko-sensei again in Natsume Yuujinchou OVA: Itsuki Yuki no Hi ni, two years after the long absence of the TV series. Ginko returned to lead us to a world of wonders in Mushishi Special: Hihamukage, which served as the hope for all the fans for sequels (which were realized this year, too!) since the first TV anime aired in 2005. From that special, we all saw how much the art style has changed. I personally like all the changes!
This upcoming winter’s highlight for me is the return of two somewhat big name (for anime) directors who have been missing for some years now, namely Taniguchi Goro and Ikuhara Kunihiko. I consider them both to be top-tier directors even if their last efforts didn’t particularly stick with me.
On to my picks:
- Death Parade – The Anime Mirai OVA was good and will probably work well in an episodic or semi-episodic format.
- Durarara!!x2 Shou – I liked S1’s 1st half a lot. 2nd half not so much but the three emos’ arc is done so it can only get better right? plus it’s three split cours!
- Junketsu no Maria – because Taniguchi Goro. and @ Prod IG. The rest is also good. Probably my top pick — not because I think it’ll be my favorite, but in the confidence that it’ll deliver in whatever it attempts to do.
- Rolling☆Girls – Wit looking good when given a non-kyojin/opposite of hell schedule. Aside from sakuga, it looks like stupid fun, but with heart. Just the way I like my fun. Liking everything I’ve seen so far. Really hyped for this, even if it’s destined to be a “mob.”
- Saenai Heroine no Sodate-kata – because White Album 2 author and script plus Kamei Kanta and co visual goodness and episode direction. But I’m worried about the quality in the middle eps because, well, Kamei Kanta. His last 2 series showed the same problems. Hopefully, Maruto Fumiaki’s pacing and writing will be the reason that doesn’t happen.
- Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor – Exodus – Bottomless EMO DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP
- THE iDOLM@STER: Cinderella Girls – Doubt it’ll be IM@S sakuga level, but Kouno Megumi goodness abound (probably, hopefully!) since she’s been quiet recently and she’s in the PV a lot. And there are MANY MANY MORE IDOLS!!
- Yuri Kuma Arashi – Ikuhara’s back and so is fun + deeeeeep. And likely, also SYMBOLISM.
- Ansatsu Kyoushitsu (TV) – I stopped reading the manga, so maybe watching it in anime format will be less tiresome. It was fun to read, though.
- Death Parade – Only because I found the Anime Mirai episode was good
- Durarara!!x2 Shou – Because it’s Durarara!! Hype. And although it’s Studio Shuka’s now (I would’ve preferred it to remain in its home studio, Brains Base), the key visuals weren’t that bad.
- Junketsu no Maria – Coz hype
- Koufuku Graffiti – Coz Shaft + art + Pachelbel’s Canon playing in the PV. Yeah, I know, I choose my anime with shallow reasons.
- Kuroko no Basuke 3 – Coz it’s basketball boys, only less gay than Free! Other than that, the prequels were really good
- Rolling☆Girls – I’m looking forward to Wit Studio’s works after the successful Attack on Titan adaptation.
- Saenai Heroine no Sodate-kata – Coz one of the LNs that have been catching my attention lately. Not that I read a lot of LN.
- Absolute Duo – I won’t give up on ecchi!!
Even though most are a waste of time Death Parade – looks interesting enough 😛
- Junketsu no Maria – It looks like it could be good
- Kamisama Hajimemashita◎ – Don’t judge me! I like what I like :C
- Kantai Collection: KanColle – I’m interested in how they’re going to adapt this.
- Koufuku Graffiti– Shaft always looks good 😀
- Rolling☆Girls – It looks really fun, and I want to see what WIT is capable of :3
- Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata – Visuals look good, staff looks promising, aside from that, I believe I’ve said it before; I
try towatch all A-1 😄
- Tokyo Ghoul √A – HanaKana trolololol
- Yuri Kuma Arashi – yuri ehehehehe